Take a photo from the QRCode to find VLC Remote/Stream in Android™ Market (e.g. with App: Barcode Scanner).
Use your Android™ device either as remote control for VLC on your PC/Mac or as streaming client for VLC as streaming server.
View in-depth information of your files, manage your playlists and control multiple VLC instances with ease.
You can stream media files directly to your device without any configuration changes to VLC or without restarting VLC to switch between remote play and streaming.
Features:Current title view
- Information and covers from files/ID3-Tag
- Full cover view
- Easy search for additional file information on the Internet
- User definable search queries
Stream files directly to your Android™ device
- Stream preview view with full control of VLC as streaming server
- Fullscreen player experience as streaming client
- Overlay controls
- No configuration for streaming required
Extended play controls
- Full DVD menu navigation
- Volume control
- Toggle audio and subtitle tracks
- Subtitle shifting via button clicks
- VLC snapshot feature supported
- Set VLC to fullscreen remotely
- Manage the playlist of VLC
- Play and remove files from list
- Display playtime of individual files and show total time
- Set shuffle or repeat mode
- Browse all your files on your PC/Mac
- Browse network
- Add files to playlist or play them directly
- Switch between remote control and streaming mode
- Manage multiple VLC instances on PCs/Macs
- Use device buttons for volume control of VLC and streaming view
- Seekbars for time and volume
- Standard play controls always accessible
A hint about the function of a button can be shown via long click.
VLC 1.1.3 is recommended for full feature support. Tested with HTC Desire and Samsung Galaxy S. Streaming profiles are optimized for these devices, but can be edited.
Have fun with VLC Remote and Stream.
How to use:
VLC Remote and Stream uses the HTTP interface built into VLC. To enable it, follow these instructions:A quick temporary solution is to start VLC from the command line with appropriate options:
- If you are using Windows and have installed VLC to the default directory during intstallation, you can download an archive from this page, unpack it and use a launcher to start VLC.
- If you are using a 32-bit Windows, use start_vlc.bat to launch VLC.
- If you are using a 64-bit Windows, use start_vlc_x64.bat to launch VLC.
- You can launch VLC from the command line or a shortcut and add the options yourself:
--extraintf=http --http-host=0.0.0.0:8080 --http-album-art
However, this is not a permanent solution. Preferably, you can set up VLC to enable the HTTP interface permanently:
- Start VLC.
- Open the preferences. You can press Ctrl+P on Windows to do this.
- Select "All" from "Show settings", usually in the bottom left.
- Goto Interface/"Main interfaces". Enable "HTTP remote control interface".
- Goto Interface/"Main interfaces"/HTTP leave the "Host address" empty for default port settings or enter "0.0.0.0:8080" and check
"Export album art as /art" if you like. You could also use a different port other than 8080 if you like, but remember it.
- Save and restart VLC.
- Open VLC Stream and Remote.
- Press menu and select "Add device".
- Choose a name and enter the address of your VLC instance you wish to control. In order to do this, you need to know your IP. For example, if your IP is 10.0.0.10, enter http://10.0.0.10:8080 as control URL, if you chose port 8080.
- You can leave streaming URL blank. VLC Stream and Remote will do everything for you.
- Click the device and enjoy.
- If the HTTP interface is not working and you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, try running VLC as admininistrator.
- Check your firewall. Temporarily disable it and check, if the web interface is working. Enter http://localhost:8080 into your browser. If you can not access this from the web browser, VLC Stream and Remote will not work.
- You can check this out in Windows.
- Alternatively, you can try to download the archive from the package below and run show_network_adapter_info.bat to show all network information.
- If you have installed VLC to the default directory during installation, download the archive attached to this page.
- Unpack it.
- If you are using a 32-bit Windows, you can use execute fix_vlc_hotkeys.bat to replace a file to fix the problem.
- If you are using a 64-bit Windows, you can use execute fix_vlc_hotkeys_x64.bat to replace a file to fix the problem.
Alternatively, download the status.xml from this page. Go to the VLC installation directory and put into the directoy VLC/http/requests and overwrite the old status.xml.
- After setting up VLC on your computer and VLC Stream and Remote on your Android™ device, you are ready to stream files.
Open VLC Stream and Remote, then select your device.
- Go to the file browser view (the second view, indicated in red).
Switch from remote control mode to streaming mode by clicking the third button in the file browser view.
The icon changes to indicate the mode change:
This icon has to be highlighted. (Streaming mode for NEW files activated)
- Now, use the file browser to locate the file you want to stream.
Use long click to queue and open it immediately. (A short click will queue it to your playlist.)
Now, VLC will not output the file on the PC/Mac screen and you will not see or hear anything from you computer, but the stream starts and the seekbar progress changes.
- Now go to the streaming view (the fourth view, indicated in green)
and press the play stream button.
The stream will open.
- You can now switch to fullscreen and enjoy your movie.
|status.xml||8.75 kb||Nov 17, 2011||646|
|vlcremote-setup-help.zip||4.97 kb||Nov 17, 2011||858|